My Green Cardigan

My Green Cardigan

Started in January of '03. A cardigan for me of the same stitch pattern as on Jeff's big, green pullover. I used a #7 needle on the body, and a #3 on the cuffs and collar. The yarn is the same dark green Canadiana, (100% acrylic).

Sweater Design for Knitters, unfortunately out of print, gave me a great deal of help on deciding where to put the pockets and how to do it. A friend told me where her jacket pockets were in relation to the side seam, and I went from there. Pocket Detail Pocket Detail

The inner pocket linings are of straight stitch, and they meet both the front and bottom ribbings. The collar is grafted off, and this is the last garment on which I picked up stitches at the shoulder and knitted down the front. It's too stretchy, and I much prefer a 3-needle bind-off for that seam and those stitches.

I finished it off with wooden buttons from Patternworks. Finally finished in February of 2009. (It had a long time-out).